Title

North Buxton 1876

Description

North Buxton 1876-According to survey maps of Enos & Sarah Johnson, 1874 & 1876

"The hamlet of North Buxton was developed in 1874, with a portion of Enos and Sarah Johnson's land facing the Center Road on Lots 9 and 10. The first streets were Elliott and Johnson running east to west, and Clinton Street running north to south. At the north end of Clinton Street, was North Buxton's first park. By 1876, the little community was ready for an addition and following streets were added: Dyke Avenue, Garrel, Sarah and Elizabeth."

Buxton National Historic Site & Museum, "Buxton Scrapbook 1849-2000." http://www.buxtonmuseum.com/history/scrapbook.pdf (accessed November 11, 2010).

Language

English

Collection

Citation

“North Buxton 1876,” The Harriet Tubman Resource Centre Digital Archive, accessed July 20, 2019, http://digital.tubmaninstitute.ca/items/show/9.

Geolocation