Browse Items (32 total)

Image

The British Methodist Episcopal Church was the centre of spiritual and social activities for newly arrived Blacks in Ontario in the 1800’s. Built in 1836 at Portage Road and Murray Hill, it was moved to its present site on Peer Street in 1890.…

Text

Buxton resident, William Hooper, originally from Kentucky, enlisted as a substitute for one year in November 1864 in Toledo, Ohio. He served with the 14th USCT.